Do you have excellent organizational skills and a knack for office technology? Do you love art and working with artists? Brooklyn Arts Council is hiring an Executive Assistant!
Brooklyn Arts Council (BAC), an arts service organization and presenter based in the dynamic DUMBO arts district and working throughout the borough, seeks a Full Time Executive Assistant.
Reporting to and working closely with the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant is responsible for the timely flow of information to staff members; manages the organization’s database and office technology; prepares materials for and maintains correspondence with the Board of Directors; and supervises the general administration and operations of the office.
- Work collaboratively with staff to maintain an efficient and effective office, sharing information useful for staff and maintaining the confidentiality of sensitive information
- Draft board and board committee minutes, prepare for board and executive committee meetings, and distribute all board related materials to members
- General administrative and programmatic support including maintaining key document files accessed by all staff, drafting correspondence, assisting with mailings, scheduling, copying, filing, preparing meeting materials, meeting room set-up, a/v and hospitality, general office and supply inventory and organization, and maintenance of space and equipment
- Assist with maintaining the organization's contact database and mailing lists
- Assist staff with IT troubleshooting of network PC system and peripherals and be the point of contact for the IT Consultant
- Contribute to the organization’s long-range planning with ideas and recommendations on timely and cost efficient administration of the office
- Foster positive relationships and trust with artists, educators, funders, government agency staff and elected officials on behalf of the organization
- Assist with and manage special projects and events for the organization as needed
- Other related duties, as necessary
- Minimum 2 years of post-college work experience, preferably with an arts and culture organization
- Knowledge of Brooklyn arts scene preferred
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience working with databases
- Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s Preferred
- Working knowledge of contact management systems (CMS)
- Working knowledge of networked computer systems
Salary and Benefits:
The salary and benefits package are commensurate with experience, includes health, dental and vision coverage, two weeks paid vacation. Anticipated salary range low $40s.
Send resume and cover letter explaining your interest in this position to:email@example.com, ‘Executive Assistant’ in subject line.
No calls or faxes. Applications accepted until position is filled.
BAC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and strives to build a staff and board that reflect the cultural diversity of New York, the constituencies and neighborhoods BAC serves.