Latinx Organizations — Win Southwest® E-passes
National Survey of Latinx Arts and Culture Organizations
On behalf of the Board of Directors and Staff of the National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures (NALAC), we ask for 20 minutes of your time to participate in an important national survey that we are currently conducting on Latinx arts, cultural and social-justice organizations.
Organizations that complete the survey by July 5, 2019 will be eligible to enter the second drawing to win ONE ROUNDTRIP ticket courtesy of Southwest®, the official airline of the National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures. A second drawing will be announced soon.
This research is meant to prompt a better understanding of our many Latinidades as generative sources for both current and emerging creative ecologies. Your partnership and collaboration is instrumental in helping us do so, and we deeply appreciate you taking the time to participate in this study.
To complete the survey, please visit:
This survey will only be open until July 12, 2019, so please complete it today!
The goals of this national survey are two-fold:
- To create an online directory of Latinx arts, cultural, and social-justice organizations.
- To initiate a process of further research into the state of Latinx organizational work taking place during this crucial moment of our nation’s history.
If you are interested in viewing some of NALAC’s past research work, please download our most recent report examining the state of funding for Latinx arts and culture organizations from 2010 to 2015.
We are hoping to reach 100% participation from our community and invite you to partner with us in conducting this study. If you are aware of other Latinx arts and culture organizations, we invite you to share the survey link with them as well.
At the end of this email, I have also included information on the structure of our surveying efforts, how we will protect your organization’s information and what will come next with the information we gather. Our main priority is to protect your organization’s privacy and data.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to Amelia Malagamba (email@example.com) or Claudio Dicochea (firstname.lastname@example.org). We expect to publish the online directory and corresponding report this year.
Thank you in advance for your participation and collaboration, as well as for the work you and your team are doing to advance the Latinx arts and culture field.
María López De León Charles Rice-González
President & CEO, NALAC Chair, NALAC Board of Directors
Executive Director, BAAD
ABOUT THIS SURVEY:
WHO IS PARTICIPATING IN THIS SURVEY?
The organizations invited to participate in this study self-identify as Latinx by way of programming, by way of articulating a Latinx thematic or concern via their organizational mission, or through the audience and constituency they are deliberately seeking to engage. NALAC is engaging Latinx/Hispanic arts and culture organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico.
HOW IS THIS SURVEY STRUCTURED? | WHAT ARE THE MAIN GOALS?
- The first portion of our survey is intended to confirm your organization’s contact information for the purpose of building an accurate directory and will provide us a better understanding of your organization, its mission, and the nature of its services or presence. The directory itself will host contact information that is already public and accessible by online users.
- The second portion of our survey will consist of information that allows us to develop a strategic report which reflects the current state of our communities and their meaningful organizations. The outcomes of this report will generate knowledge that helps NALAC further its abilities to serve and advocate for our diverse Latina/o, Latinx, and Hispanic constituencies.
HOW WILL NALAC USE THE INFORMATION AND DATA GATHERED BY THIS SURVEY?
- Of the information shared with us through the survey, only your organization’s contact information (name, address, phone, general email, website and mission) will be made public via the directory. All other information will remain strictly confidential and only be processed through statistical analysis as aggregated data alongside the information from all participating organizations. Our main priority is to protect your organization’s privacy and data.